The Hanol Association (hereinafter referred to as the “Association”) is committed to providing the services on its website (hereinafter referred to as the “services”) and ensuring that the personal information provided by its members is protected.
1) Required information: ID, password, name, birthdate, mobile phone number, e-mail address, home address (for mailing purposes), sponsorship type, credit card information (if selected), CMS payment information (if selected)
2) Optional information: Membership type, home address, home phone number, workplace information (company name, address, phone number), mailing address
3) The resident registration number is required information that is collected for the issuance of donation receipts. It may be requested by the financial institution concerned to authenticate the member prior to processing a payment.
4) Personal information collection method: Membership registration and donation application on the website (www.hanol.org)
*In the case of donating members who are under the age of 14, the names and contact information of their legal guardians will be collected.
1) Donation payments and donating member services: Donation payments, issuance of donation receipts, authentication for financial transactions, information on sponsorship, content provision
2. Membership management: Authentication for the use of membership-based services, web mails and content, management of the history of participation in events (incl. donations) and membership information, member identification/authentication, confirmation of the intent to register or withdraw membership, processing of grievances and other applications, delivery of notices
The Association retains the personal information of the users registered as members, and uses the information to an extent provided by the Terms and Conditions of Use. In principle, the personal information of users is discarded without delay once the purpose of collection and use thereof has been fulfilled. However, in case there is a need to retain the personal information even after fulfilling the purpose of its collection and use thereof, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations such as the Commercial Act and the Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transaction, etc., or the retention period has been either indicated or notified to the users in advance, the personal information may be retained for the corresponding period.
1) Retained Information
Name, ID, resident registration number, payment information, service usage records, IP records, payment records (information in possession at the time of membership withdrawal)
2) Basis for Retention
Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
3) Retention Period
Records on the contract or subscription withdrawal, etc.: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
Records on payments and goods: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
Records on the resolution of consumer grievances and disputes: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
Records for identification and authentication: 6 months (Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Data Protection, etc.)
Records on website visits: 3 months (Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
In principle, the Association will discard the personal information of users without delay once the purpose of collection and use thereof has been fulfilled. The procedure for and method of discarding personal information are as follows:
1) Discarding Procedure
The information inputted by a user for membership registration, etc. is transferred to a separate database (a separate filing cabinet for paper documents, etc.) after the purpose of collection and use thereof has been fulfilled, and is discarded after a specified period of time has passed according to the justifications for information protection prescribed by internal policy and other related laws and regulations (refer to the “Personal Information Retention and Usage Period”). The personal information transferred to a separate database is not used for purposes other than retention, unless otherwise prescribed by law.
2) Discarding Method
Personal information stored as a digital file is deleted using a technical measure that prevents regeneration of the records. Personal information printed on paper is discarded by shredding or incinerating the paper concerned.
The Association, in principle, does not provide the personal information of its members to an external party, except in the following cases:
1) The personal information of a member is requested pursuant to relevant laws and regulations or by an investigation agency according to the legal procedure and method for the purpose of investigation.
2) Consent has been given by the individual whose personal information is to be provided.
3) The personal information is provided to a service provider or a payment clearing agency for the purpose of managing the members or clearing donation payments.
- Provided to the Korea Financial Telecommunications and Clearings Institute: Name of the financial institution, account number, name, birthdate, donation amount (approval and clearing of donations made using CMS)
- Provided to Nicepayments: Name, credit card company, credit card number, expiration date, birthdate (approval and clearing of donations made using credit cards)
- Provided to Human Software: Donor database and donation payment information management solutions
1) Request to view personal information
2) Request to correct erroneous information, etc.
3) Request to delete the information
4) Request to stop the processing of information
1) For the purpose of protecting the personal information of users and to handle grievances related to personal information, the Association has designated the following department and person in charge of managing personal information:
Management authority: Online Donation Management Team | Phone: 070-5158-1721 | E-mail: email@example.com
2) Those who have registered as members of the Association may report matters related to personal information protection arising during the use of the Association’s services to the department or officer in charge of personal information management. The Association will do its utmost to provide a sufficient response as quickly as possible.
In order to file a report or inquire about other matters related to privacy infringement, please contact any of the following institutions:
- Privacy Infringement Reporting Center (www.1336.or.kr / Dial 118)
- e-Privacy Mark Certification Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr / 02-550-9531~2)
- Internet Crime Investigation Center of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office (http://www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-2000)
- Cyber Terrorism Countermeasure Center of the Korean National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr / 1566-0112)
Effective date: Dec. 2016
The definitions of the terms used in the Terms and Conditions are as follows:
1. The term, “member,” means an individual or an incorporated organization that has provided his, her or its personal information and completed the membership registration procedure on the website of Hanol.
2. The term, “donating member,” means an individual or an incorporated organization that has given regular donations or a one-time donation by means of a CMS automated transfer, credit card, account transfer or mobile payment, among others, after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions on a voluntary basis.
3. The term, “founding member,” means a member who has jointly founded the Hanol Association.
4. The term, “service,” means any and all on/offline services (information services on donation, distribution and related on/offline events, online systems, issuance of donation receipts and other evidentiary documents, etc.) provided to the members by the Hanol Association.
1. Service registration is completed when the application for service use from a user is approved and the user agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
2. It is deemed that the user is agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Use when he or she presses the “Agree” button on the membership registration page.
3. Any and all individuals, incorporated bodies and organizations, including the citizens of the Republic of Korea and foreigners, may register as donating members by providing their personal information and donation payment information, in accordance with the membership registration procedure, and voluntarily provide donations.
1. The Terms and Conditions are in effect for the members who have provided their personal information online, or via any other written application form, or by phone and agreed to the Terms and Conditions, thereby declaring their intent to use the services of our foundation.
2. The Association reserves the right to amend and change the Terms and Conditions, in case there is a justifiable reason to do so, to the extent that it is not in violation of any of the relevant laws or regulations. A notice regarding the amendments or changes to the Terms and Conditions will be provided to the members by means of an online notification or an e-mail 7 days prior to the date they take effect, and they will come into effect on the application date.
3. A member who does not agree to the changes to the Terms and Conditions may suspend the use of the services and cease his or her membership. When a member continues to use the services even after the changes are made to the Terms and Conditions, it will be deemed that the member has agreed to the changes to the Terms and Conditions.
If a member agrees to the Terms and Conditions, the matters set forth in these Terms and Conditions will apply with precedence in relation to the provision of services, the use of services by the member, and the donation activities and donation payments of the member. For matters not prescribed in these Terms and Conditions, the relevant laws and regulations shall apply, if such matters are provided therein. If not, general customary practices shall be observed.
The Association has the following rights and duties in relation to the members:
1. The Association shall provide information related to all of the projects and programs concerning its members and opportunities to participate in events, etc.
2. The Association shall issue receipts for the donations made by the donating members, in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
4. The Association shall ensure that services desired by members can be used from the date on which said services commenced, unless there are special circumstances preventing the provision of said services.
5. The association shall repair or recover the equipment necessary for providing continued and stable services in case of a failure or loss thereof, without delay unless there are unavoidable causes preventing such immediate repair or recovery.
1. An individual signing up as a member or changing his or her membership information must provide factual information for all required details. If the registration was made based on falsified information or personal information of another individual, the member in question cannot claim any rights.
2. Members may participate in the activities organized by the Association such as donations and related events, and use the on/offline services provided by the Association.
3. Members may make donations using diverse forms of payment services (CMS, credit card, making a deposit without a bankbook, direct automated transfers, mobile phone payments, etc.) made available by the Association.
4. Members shall comply with the matters notified or announced by the Association pursuant to lawful procedures, and shall not falsely represent the Association without authorization or engage in any behavior or action that may damage the reputation of the Association.
5. In case there are any changes to the information provided to the Association at the time of membership registration, the member concerned shall edit the unique identification information provided during membership registration or notify the Association of the changes using other means available. The Association shall not be held accountable for any disadvantages or unfavorable measures arising from the failure to give notification of such changes.
6. Members shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of the Association.
Members shall not use the information obtained from the services provided by the Association by means of duplication, transmission, publication, distribution or broadcasting among others, or cause a situation in which such information is applied by another individual in the creation of a work of art based on the information or commercializing the information via a third party.
We also wish to inform our members that in the case of Hanol Art, a negligent or willful infringement of the copyright to the artworks published on our website as a result of an unauthorized use thereof will result in the member responsible being subject to criminal and/or civil punishment.
A member will lose his or her membership in case of the following:
1. The member expressed his or her wish to terminate his or her membership;
2. The member made or carried out plans to use the services for the purpose of going against public interests;
3. The member violated the business or usage conditions prescribed by the Association or other relevant laws or regulations; and/or
4. The member made an unauthorized use of the name of another individual during membership registration.
1. Members may withdraw their membership by expressing their wish to stop donating to the Association or to terminate their membership to the Association’s staff in writing or by phone.
2. Members may re-register after withdrawing their membership. After withdrawal of membership, the statement of donations made by the member concerned will be retained for up to 5 years in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act.
2. The Association shall not be held liable for the exposure of information caused by a fault attributable to the member in question.
1. The Association receives the donations voluntarily made by a donating member using the means chosen by the donating member, and informs the donating member that it has received the donation.
2. Donating members may not request changes to the following matters related to the donations that have been made:
- Donation date
- Donation amount
- Information provided on the donation receipt such as the donation amount, etc.
3. The Association will not refund the donations that have been made, in principle, except in the following cases:
- The donations were received wrongfully due to a computer error;
- The donations were received wrongfully due to an administrative error; or
- Special circumstances necessitating the refund of the donation under law.
1. The Association shall ensure that the members are able to use the services in a continuous and stable manner, unless there are special circumstances preventing it from doing so.
2. Services may be partially changed or suspended during the members’ membership registration period, due to special circumstances of the Association.
3. The Association shall notify its members of any substantial changes to the services, or suspension of services.
1. Any disputes arising from the issues related to the use of the services, except for the matters prescribed in these Terms and Conditions, shall require a first attempt to be resolved through consultation and mutual agreement.
2. If litigation is filed in regard to a dispute arising from the use of the services, the court with the jurisdiction over the location of the Association shall be the competent court.